Whether it's time or patience you find in short supply, Ten-Minute Meals will help put a seasonal, nutritious meal on the table in less time than it takes to navigate a rush hour drive-thru.
Honey-Glazed Ham on Balsamic Bitter Greens
Prepared for Texas Farmers' Markets, Market Chef Maggie Perkins
- One cured pork ham steak (local soure: OrganiCare Farms)
- Neutral-flavored cooking oil to coat bottom of pan
- 1 T approximately, honey (local source: Round Rock Honey)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (local source: Texas Hill Country Olive Company)
- 2 bunches dandelion greens, chopped finely (local source: Johnson’s Backyard Garden)
- 2 t chopped fresh dill (local source: Johnson’s Backyard Garden)
- Kosher Salt and cracked red pepper (optional)
In a heavy skillet over medium high heat, add just enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan, tilting pan to cover. Remove excess. Just as oil begins to shimmer, add ham steak. Heat until seared with edges slightly browned, then turn to sear opposite side. Drizzle honey over top of ham steak to coat thinly, reduce heat to medium, and allow honey to ‘melt’ over steak to coat. Turn, cook 1 minute, then turn again, to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.